In 2015, the Federal Trade Commission released their new rules for Disclosure Compliance. These rules are set in place to ensure that readers or viewers of web media (blogs, Youtube videos, etc.) know if the blogger/presenter is sponsored, endorsed, or partnered with a different company. In blog terms, the readers need to know if the blogger is making money by sharing a link or product.
In compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume the following about links and posts on this site:
- Any/all of the links on OldFossilWrites.wordpress.com and its sister site(s) are affiliate links, for the use of which I receive a small compensation from sales of certain items.
What are affiliate links?
Unless otherwise stated, purchases are made on external affiliate company websites:
- When a reader clicks on any of the affiliate links that are located on OldFossilWrites.wordpress.com/OldFossilsLibrary.wordpress.com to purchase an item, the reader buys the item from the seller directly (not from The Old Fossil). Amazon and/or other companies pay The Old Fossil a small commission or other compensation for promoting their website or products through their affiliate program.
- The prices you see are exactly the same, whether your purchase is made through an affiliate or a non-affiliate link. In other words, clicking through on one of our links will not result in an increased cost of merchandise.
TYPES OF AFFILIATE PROGRAMS USED BY THIS BLOG:
- Amazon Affiliate: The Old Fossil participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn commission fees through advertising and linking OldFossilWrites.wordpress.com / OldFossilsLibrary.wordpress.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to: amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. Amazon offers a small commission on products sold through their affiliate links. Each of your purchases via our Amazon affiliation links supports our site at no additional cost to you.
ˆIf a blogger links to an Amazon product (with a special code for affiliates embedded in the link), and a reader places an item in their “shopping cart” through that link within 24 hours of clicking the link, the blogger gets a small percentage of the sale.
ˆAmazon links are not “pay per click.” If you click on the product link and stay around Amazon and purchase something else, however, I will get commission on that sale.
2. Product affiliate links: These affiliate links work the same way: if you click the link and buy the product, then the blogger gets a percentage of the sale or some other type of compensation. Again, prices are not different if you use these affiliate links. You will not pay more by clicking through to the link. These links are not “pay per click.”
List of companies with which I have an affiliate relationship
- Amazon.com: Digital entertainment and entertainment services, electronic and physical publications including books, magazines, etc., audio/video entertainment, such as cd’s, dvd’s, etc., merchandise for home and garden, health, beauty and grocery, sports and outdoors, automotive and industrial, apparal, appliances and electronics, etc.
- VISTA Print: Business, personal and marketing stationers – business cards, flyers and other advertising needs, marketing promotionals, such as corporate gifts, logo merchandise such as apparal and gifts.
- Hammacher Schlemmer (pending): Unique, ‘one of a kind’ merchandise, including personal submarines, robotics and mini-cars!! Also apparal, sporting and outdoor merchandise, home and office furnishings and supplies, appliances and other goods.
- Pier 1 Imports: Imported gift items, household goods, including decor, linens and furnishings, imported kitchenware and utensils, stems and carafes, floor and wall coverings, and even a tall brass giraffe and elephant or two!
- Wordpress Hosting Services: Web/blog site hosting services for businesses, small or large.
This Disclosure was last updated on: 28 September 2016